We have the unrivalled benefit of having considerable property experience over the last thirty years inclusive of sales, lettings and property renovation. We provide a professional but personal service for both landlords and tenants that we are very proud of and with our office based in Tonypandy Town, we are ideally placed to serve the Rhondda Valley area.
Hours of opening - Amended due to COVID-19 Restrictions
|MONDAY||9:30am - 4pm|
|TUESDAY||9:30am - 4pm|
|WEDNESDAY||9:30am - 4pm|
|THURSDAY||9:30am - 4pm|
|FRIDAY||9:30am - 4pm|
|SATURDAY||10am - 12pm / By Appointment|
1. Contact the office in the first instance, wherby the matter will be passed on to a senior member of staff.
Or complete the contact form on the home page and submit and we will contact you within 5 working days.
Telephone: 01443 434091
2. You will receive a response within 14 days of the complaint handling and hopefully will be resolved.
3. If you are not happy with the conclusion you have the right to contact the "PROPERTY REDRESS SCHEME" and ask them to investigate the matter further.
Property Redress Scheme
Our contact details
Name: Thomas Estate Agents
Address: 1A Dunraven Street, Tonypandy, CF40 1QE
Phone Number: 01443 434091
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
· Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
· Identification (e.g., birth certificate, passport, I.D card)
· Location Data e.g. Previous home address
· Their bank details to get credit references
· Details of their previous landlord, for reference purposes
· Legal information e.g. right to rent and data protection obligations and gas safety laws.
· Obtaining required references or credit checks – to ensure you have tenants who pay the rent and take proper care of your property without causing a nuisance to neighbours
· Reading references provided to you by a letting/managing agent – for the same reason mentioned above
· Disclosing information to a debt collector or insurance company where a tenant has left leaving rent arrears – to enforce a breach of the agreement
· Providing a tenant's forwarding address where debts are owed to third parties, such as their former utility company or your local council - to prevent fraud and so that they can enforce the debt
· Providing a tenant's contact details to service providers who need access to your property – in order to effect repairs to the property (which may also be a legal obligation) or to comply with your contractual obligations to a superior landlord
· Notifying joint tenants of any rent arrears owed by another tenant - to recover unpaid rent
· Informing a guarantor where a tenant has failed to pay rent - to recover unpaid rent and enforce a breach of the agreement
· Online identifier e.g. IP addresses and cookie identifiers
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
· You want to rent a property we have available, this would include a reference and credit check on any individuals interested in renting before any contracts are agreed.
· You want to act as a guarantor for a prospective tenant of ours.
· You want to be added to the mailing list so that we can find properties suited to your needs.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
· If we receive your information from a recommendation, reference or previous landlord.
· If we receive information from someone on your behalf as you were unable to contact us, this would need to be authorised by yourself before we confirm or release any personal information.
· If we are contacted by a neighbour, local authority or a concerned party regarding a complaint or query.
· From your guarantor if applicable.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
(a) Verify your identity
(b) Enter a rental contract
(c) Arrange access to the property for building repairs, inspections etc.
(d) Discuss terms of your tenancy agreement with a landlord or to give references.
We may share this information with
(i) Landlords and/or their representatives (including solicitors, surveyors or mortgage advisors)
(ii) Council workers e.g. council tax, housing benefits
(iii) Welsh Water
(v) Local authorities e.g. police, environmental health
(vi) Maintenance team to arrange access e.g. plumber, electrician
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting the office on 01443 434091.
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored at Thomas Estate Agents.
We keep Personal Data whilst you are a tenant of ours, if you leave a contract for any reason, we will keep personal data for 6 Years. We will then dispose of your personal information securely for both electronic and hard copies.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 01443 434091 or send requests via letter to 1A Dunraven Street, Tonypandy, CF40 1QE if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com or 01443 434091.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
You must not disclose any Personal and/or Confidential Information relating to any person or business which covers information in any form (hard copy, verbal or electronic formats. This information may relate to the business, clients, customers and/or finances.
You acknowledge that Thomas Estate Agents will process Information about you for legal, personnel, administrative and management purposes. In particular you acknowledge that we may need to process "Special Category" Personal Data (as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation) relating to you, including, as follows:
· information about your health or any conditions you may have
· where you choose to give us information about your racial or ethnic origin, your religion (or any similar beliefs) or sexual orientation, Thomas Estate Agents may use it to monitor its compliance with equal opportunities legislation;
· information about criminal offences (or alleged criminal offences)
*Thomas Estate Agents may share your information with third parties who provide services e.g contractors, regulatory authorities, Landlords and/or if required by law. However, any information shared will be on a need-to-know basis. You have the right to request how we use your personal data and you can remove your consent at any time by contacting the office on 01443 434091.*